Burnaby Mountain Toastmasters is a public speaking club serving Simon Fraser University and the greater Burnaby community. We offer programs and services to help members of our communities gain valuable public speaking and leadership skills through our affiliation with Toastmasters International.
Experience is not necessary to join Toastmasters. We have members with varying levels of experience, and we are all here to help each other improve our public speaking, presentation, and leadership skills.
Meeting and Contact Information
- Simon Fraser University (Burnaby Mountain campus) every Wednesday night at 6:30 p.m to 8:30 p.m. Check the agenda below for the room.
- If you are interested in joining us, just come to our meeting as described above. You do not need to be a member, SFU student, or make any appointments to be a guest at our meetings.
- Guests looking for information on joining Burnaby Mountain Toastmasters are welcome to e-mail us to let us answer any questions: bmtm-info at sfu.ca
- Our Facebook group can be found by clicking here.
- Our old defunct Google groups website can be found here. It contains an archive of resources currently not found on this site, but otherwise is very much the same as this site. The Agenda on the old Google site however can no longer be updated, hence the existence of this current site.
Agenda (The Next Meeting)
Date: June 1, 2011
Time: 6:30p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Location: WMC (West Mall Complex) 2220
Need directions to location? Click on the link below to locate the venue (which in this case is the WMC):
BMTM Members and Guests: To volunteer for available positions below, please sign up below by logging in and replacing one of the ‘Volunteer Needed’ roles with your name.
Please sign up for roles well ahead of time to help the Chair of the meeting get organized with their meeting plan. All new members are strongly encouraged to try out different roles as often as possible. Just like anything else, the more you do it, the better you get at it.
Meeting Chaired by: Hanson
Meeting Theme: TBA
|6:20 p.m.||Doors Open/Sign in Socialize and catch up with members and guests|
|6:30 p.m.|| Introductions
|6:45 p.m.||Table Topics Table Topics Master…………June Kim Table Topic Evaluator………Please volunteer
|7:40 p.m.||Prepared Speeches Speech 1………………..Please Volunteer
Speech 1 Evaluator…….Please volunteer
Speech 2……………………Please volunteer
Speech 2 Evaluator……..Please volunteer
|8:10 p.m.||Evaluations Grammarian…………… Brendon
General Evaluator …………….. David
|8:20 p.m.||Closing Remarks|
YouTube Speech Archive
Many guests and members have expressed a desire to view other people’s videos. The purpose of this site is to:
- Create an archive of all speeches, past and present
- Allow guests and members to learn from one another
- Allow access to video any time, anywhere
This is a great learning tool, which we hope will enhance the experience of the club. Don’t think that just because you’re a beginner, you can’t participate! Beginners also have a lot to contribute to this project, and it will be a remarkable experience to see your learning skills grow!
Key things to know:
- The video has no embedding, no commenting, no rating, and no video responses. This ensures that this is a repository of videos for learning purposes, nothing more.
- If at any time you wish for a video to be take down, simply email us at bmtm-info at sfu.ca
- We will ALWAYS ask for your permission before we upload any video.
Please help us make this project possible! It’s only possible if everybody participates, and the more people add their videos, the more everyone will benefit!
© 2011 Burnaby Mountain Toastmasters. All rights reserved. This site is not affiliated with Toastmasters International. The names “Toastmasters International”, “Toastmasters” and the Toastmasters International emblem are trademarks protected in the United States, Canada and other countries where Toastmasters Clubs exist. Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited.